NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
The National Service Scheme is a student youth service program. It aims in creating social consciousness of the youth with an overall objective of personality development of the students through community service.
The Motto of the NSS is “Not Me, But You”.
The program consists of special camping (7 days) and regular activities (community work). A NSS volunteer has to dedicate his/her 120 hours to wards community in a year.
Some of the activities of the NSS unit of the college are :
- Improvement of Campus
- Tree Plantation / Medicinal plants collection drive
- Constructive work in urban and rural areas
- Work in Welfare Institutions
- Blood Donation
- Adult and non-formal Education
- Health, nutrition, family welfare, HIV/AIDS awareness campaigns in association with Government and non-government agencies
- Awareness Rallies
- Construction of debate assets
- Sustainable development with emphasis on wasteland development and watershed management and Road safety training and Disaster management respectively
Broadly NSS attempts to establish meaningful linkage between Campus and Community / College and Villages / Knowledge and Action respectively. A NSS volunteer is required to maintain the record of community work executed for the academic calendar. Every volunteer has to maintain discipline, decorum and show exemplary conduct in person.
NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC)
The NCC Army and Navy Wings inculcate the values of patriotism and service to the nation among our young boys and girls, and also offer them ample opportunities for character formation and personality development.
Our students are allowed to participate in NCC in neighboring colleges.